Skip to main content


Northern District of Texas

David C. Godbey, Chief Judge
Karen Mitchell, Clerk of Court


You are here

  • How do I get my name removed from receiving electronic notices in a case in which my party is no longer an active participant

    If you are no longer an active participant in this case and you want electronic noticing to be turned off so that you will stop receiving filing notices, submit your request, by email, using our On-line Support Service.

  • It appears the court's electronic filing system is not operational. What do I do?

    In the unusual event CM/ECF system is not operational; please see Emergency Filing Information for proper procedures.

  • I am new to electronic filing, where do I go to find on-line training materials, FAQ's, and additional filing information?

    You can easily access all of our electronic filing information and training materials from our website under Filing.

  • My computer crashed and I was unable to submit my document electronically by the date it was due. What should I do?

    Please see Emergency Filing Procedures for important information.

  • My electronic file is extremely large. Is there any way I can submit the document electronically?

    Yes.  We require any document larger than 35 MB to be split into separate PDF documents 35 MB or smaller.  This may be done by separating portions of the document into multiple documents, no one of which exceeds the 35 MB size limit.  There are a variety of ways to separate a large document into manageable files, please see Filing Large Documents and Attachments for detailed instructions.

  • Can I file electronically if I am a pro se litigant?

    Yes, unless the presiding judge directs otherwise, LR 5.1(e) and LCrR 49.2(f) require an attorney - other than a prisoner pro se party - to electronically file any pleading (except a complaint), motion, or other paper. A party may, for cause, move to be excused from the requirement of electronic filing.

  • Can I correct my own docketing errors?

    No.  Once a document is electronically filed by a registered user and becomes part of the official record, corrections to the docket may be made only by the clerk's office.  The system will not permit the filing party to make changes to the document(s) or docket entry once the transaction has been completed.  Parties should contact the clerk's office Help Desk for assistance.

  • Can I submit a document under seal electronically?

    Yes. Local Rules LR 79.3(a) and LCrR 55.3(3) provide "A party may file under seal any document that a statute or rule requires or permits to be so filed."  For more information please Sealed Information under Filing.

  • Can I continue to file my documents in paper format?

    Yes, with court permission.  Although electronic filing is required, Local Rule 5(e) provides that a party may, for cause, move to be excused from the requirement of electronic filing.

  • Can I file an application for pro hac vice electronically?

    Yes, you will be directed to the online payment software to pay the required fee.