Skip to main content


Northern District of Texas

David C. Godbey, Chief Judge
Karen Mitchell, Clerk of Court

  • How do I get my passport back?

    You must have an order from a judge. You must present this to the Clerk's Office. Upon verification, the passport will be returned to you.

    If you are convicted of a crime, your United States passport will be sent to the Department of State. Your foreign passport will be delivered to Immigration & Customs Enforcement.

    SeeĀ Miscellaneous Order No. 51.

  • How do I get my passport renewed or apply for a passport?

    These matters are not handled by the federal district court. Please contact the appropriate office for your county.

    Abilene: U.S. Postal ServiceĀ  (325) 738-2102
    Amarillo: U.S. Postal Service (806) 379-2144
    Dallas: State Court Passport Division (214) 653-6774
    Fort Worth: U.S. Postal Service (817) 870-8103
    Lubbock: U.S. Postal Service (806) 763-6408
    San Angelo: U.S. Postal Service (915) 659-7776
    Wichita Falls: U.S. Postal Service (940) 766-4188