Motions for “Emergency” or “Expedited” Relief
When a party files a motion that requests “emergency,” “expedited,” or similar relief or provides for agreed relief concerning a fast-approaching deadline, the party should assume the Court is unaware of the filing. When such relief is sought, counsel should contact chambers at (806) 468-3832 and arrange to have a judge’s copy promptly delivered to the United States District Clerk’s office, if directed to do so by chambers.
Paper Copies Required Only for Certain Motions
Paper copies are required for the following motions:
- dispositive motions referred to the undersigned;
- motions regarding expert witnesses (i.e., Daubert motions);
- motions to compel or for protective order; and
- any other motion over 10 pages.
Paper copies must comply with Local Rule 10.1 except as specified in this section.
On or before the third business day after the date any movant’s reply is due, any represented movant must provide:
- a three-ring binder containing the motion, any responses, any replies, and any corresponding briefs; and
- a separate three-ring binder containing any corresponding appendices.
The front of each binder should contain an 8 ½” x 11” cover page that includes the:
- case style;
- case number;
- names of all parties; and
- names of all attorneys of record in the case.
The spine of each binder should contain the case style and case number.
Motions, briefs, responses, and replies should be printed single-sided. Appendices should be printed double-sided. The parties must only include the file-marked copies of each PDF document after they have been filed with the Clerk of the Court or the electronic filing system. Each binder should be appropriately tabbed and indexed.
Microsoft Word Version of Proposed Orders
If a party submits any proposed order to the Court, including an agreed protective order, the party shall email the proposed order in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the case number and document number of the accompanying motion in the subject line. The parties are not to use this email address for any other purpose.