Attorney | CJA | Court Records | ECF | Federal Agency | Filing | Financial | Jury Service | Naturalization | PACER | Passport
- What is the interest rate on a judgment filed on a particular date?
Please see the Post Judgment Interest Rates section under the Publications category of our website. You may also call 202-502-4369 to obtain the correct interest rate.
- How do I get funds for a minor out of the Court's registry?
The minor must submit a motion to withdraw funds that identifies the minor's social security number, an original birth certificate, and a copy of a photo identification card to the Clerk's Office. These materials will not be visible on the public docket sheet. The Clerk's Office will then prepare an order to disburse funds for the appropriate judge to sign. On receipt of the signed order, the funds will be available for disbursement. For more specific instructions, you may call the Clerk's Office. In Dallas, call the financial section at (214) 753-2206. In Fort Worth, call (817) 850-6610. In the other divisional offices, call the Clerk's Office main extension.
- How do I obtain a surety for a bond?
Pursuant to 31 USC §§ 9304 - 9308, you must obtain a surety bond from a corporation that meets BOTH of the following requirements:
- The surety corporation must be approved by the U.S. Treasury. A list of certified surety corporations is available at http://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/fsreports/surety/c570.htm. This list provides each surety corporation’s business address, underwriting limitation, states(s) in which the surety corporation is licensed, and the state in which the surety corporation is incorporated, and
- The surety corporation must EITHER:
- be incorporated in the state of Texas with its business address in the state of Texas; OR,
- must file with the Clerk of Court for the Northern District of Texas, in each division in which the court sits, a power of attorney (POA) that appoints an agent for service of process who resides in the district. (A total of seven are required for the Northern District of Texas.) A list of surety corporations who have appointed an agent for service of process in the Northern District of Texas is available here: NDTX Powers of Attorney List. A corporation that wishes to file a POA, should follow he instructions available here: Power of Attorney Filing Instructions.
- How do I get my criminal bond money back?
Complete a bond request form. Forms can be obtained at the District Clerk's Office.
- What is the balance on restitution, fines, MSAs or investments?
Contact the financial department at the District Clerk's Office. In Dallas, call the financial section at (214) 753-2206. In Fort Worth, call (817) 850-6610. In the other divisional offices, call the Clerk's Office main extension.
- How do I get my money now that I am eighteen?
Prepare a motion to withdraw funds. Forms can be obtained at the District Clerk's Office.
- To whom do we make our checks payable?
Checks are to be made payable to Clerk, U.S. District Court.
- At what amount is a bond set?
The amount of the bond is stated on the appearance bond.
- Where do I post a bond for immigration?
Call 214-905-5885 or 1-800-375-5283 for information.