The United States District Court is located at 1100 Commerce Street, on the southeast corner of Commerce Street and Griffin Street. The front entrance faces Commerce Street between Griffin Street and Field Street.
If you are traveling:
East on I-30: Take exit #45 (I-35) Denton & exit Downtown/Commerce.
West on I-30: Take exit #45 (Ervay) which turns into Griffin (left side exit).
North on Stemmons/I-35: Take exit #45A (Lamar/Griffin); then exit Griffin/Cadiz and take Griffin.
South on Stemmons/I-35: Take exit #428A (Commerce East/Reunion) or Woodall Rogers exit; then Field/Griffin.
North on I-45/75 Central Expressway: Take I-35 Denton and exit Field.
Click here to view a map of downtown Dallas provided by Map Quest.
Parking is very limited and expensive. Therefore we encourage jurors to use public transportation if possible.
The following parking lots are located within walking distance. Please bring cash to pay for parking.
- Bank of America Plaza Parking is located on the corner of Lamar and Commerce. Cost is approximately $18.00 per day.
- Manor House-Central Parking System is located next to the Earle Cabell Federal Building on Commerce Street. Cost is approximately $15.00 per day.
- Platinum parking is located on Jackson Street directly behind the Earle Cabell Federal Building. Cost is approximately $10.00 per day.
- Standard Parking is located on Jackson Street next to McDonald’s. Cost is approximately $8.00 per day.
- Standard Parking is located on the corner of Main and Lamar. Cost is approximately $10.00 per day.
Please note: The United States District Court will reimburse up to $18.00 for the first day of parking with a valid receipt. Instructions for parking on subsequent days will be provided during orientation.
Dart (Dallas Area Rapid Transit)
Both of the light rail lines and many bus routes have stops near the Earle Cabell Federal Building. Please contact DART at (214) 979-1111 or www.dart.org for scheduled times, routes, and fare information.
Attendance Fee and Reimbursements
You are paid a $40.00 attendance fee for each day you report for your assigned jury duty. You will not be paid if you appear and request to be excused for reasons which were well known to you at the time you completed the pre-screening questionnaire. Federal government employees will not be reimbursed the $40.00 attendance fee. Regardless of the type of transportation you use (e.g., personal automobile, bus, train), you will be given a travel allowance of $0.555 per mile round trip from your home to the Federal building US Post Office and Courthouse. In addition if you drive you will be reimbursed a maximum of $18.00 a day for parking with a valid receipt. You must complete a parking form and turn it in to the jury clerk in order to be reimbursed for your parking expense. You will receive your jury fee check within three to four weeks after your completion of service.
Parking Reimbursement Form