Please submit ideas for agenda items for the next meeting in the comment section below.
The Court Advisory Committee for the Northern District of Texas is a committee consisting of 24 attorneys practicing in various divisions and practice areas within the Northern District of Texas. Committee members are appointed by Federal District Judges of the Northern District. These appointed attorneys serve for a three-year, rotating term. To view a list of current committee members click here.
The mission of the Court Advisory Committee is to:
- Identify and propose actions to reduce expense and delay in the administration of justice;
- Assist the court and the district clerk’s office in the implementation of practices and procedures they identify and undertake to reduce expense and delay in the administration of justice;
- Provide a resource that the judges and the district clerk can call upon to assist court business, whether to serve on search committees, develop new projects, or handle other routine matters, so the judges may devote themselves to judging; and
- Serve as a resource for attorneys who practice in the Northern District of Texas and for the public.
- are interested in being considered for membership,
- have an idea, suggestion or comment to be considered for service that might be offered to attorneys practicing in the Northern District, or using its Case Management/Electronic Case Filing system, or
- would like to make a recommendation on changes, or improvements in services provided by, or available through the U.S. District Courts or Clerk of the Northern District, or website information
please contact the Court Advisory Committee by completing the following form.